You can work with any device mapped to your system as fixed or removable that supports low level disk access. You can use any hard drive, USB flash disk, SD card, virtual disk (VHD), etc. Even some ram disks can be cloned. Program may clones all devices that supports \\.\PHYSICALDRIVEx access. You can also clone larger disk to smaller one (of course without warranty that new disk will work same as the original). Programs is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. For more informations read INFO.txt.
WARNING: program is designed for advanced users. If used inappropriately you can lose your important data! Use it on your own risk. In no event will the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. Before using the program read Disclaimer first.
- You should run program with administrator rigths.
- Before picking source or destination disk click on refresh button.
- Destination disk should be of same size or more than source disk/file (it's not necessary but then result is without warranty).
- You must ensure that there is enough free space at target partition or disk, mainly if compressed image file is used.
- I make clone to USB disk and now it has fewer GB's that it has before and formatting does not help...
You can bring your Gigabytes back. But I warn you that you lose all your current files on disk by doing this. Just wipe first kilobyte of disk and than reformat disk in Windows.
- I plug in the disk but it does not appear in the available disks list...
Make sure that you start program with administrator privileges. Try to click refresh button, if it does not help then disk is probably not mapped as \\.\PHYSICALDRIVEx device and can't be used in the application.
Universal Disk Cloner - Download here.